Klasha is a technology company that builds cross-border commerce solutions for African consumers and international businesses wanting to sell into Africa. Our mission is to make online consumer goods and services more accessible to customers across Africa. We've built the KlashaCheckout which allows African consumers to transact online and across borders in local African currencies, alongside an entire toolkit of software products including: KlashaWire, KlashaCargo, Payment Links and the Klasha App.
Our vision is for African consumers to have frictionless access to the goods they want, regardless of their geographic location, by transacting using African currencies and money methods.
Klasha is currently live in Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, South Africa, Kenya and Zambia. Klasha is backed by leading venture investors, including Greycroft (investors in Braintree and Venmo), Seedcamp (investors in Revolut), Techstars (investors in Remitly) and Plug and Play (investors in Paypal, Honey and Dropbox).
About the role
Klasha is searching for a qualified solid senior product manager or Head of Product skillset with a focus on mobile. You will work alongside our designers, to shape our product and how people interact with it. Working closely with our CPO, you will build impactful products based on your understanding of value for our users. We are small yet big enough for you to be able to experiment across many aspects of our startup. You will learn by doing, amongst a team of peers that loves what they do.
- Analyse projections and forecasts and come up with opportunities to move the metrics and influence strategy.
- Run product discovery and continuously improve the product market fit of our app in one of the most dynamic Fintech ecosystems in the world.
- The ability to work around existing external infrastructure bottlenecks and country outages is key.
- Analyse and leverage data across various signal sources to drive decision making ex: Posthog, UXcam, Appsflyer, Firebase, Google Analytics and others.
- Understanding app release trajectories and how to leverage them to continuously achieve double-digit growth on a monthly basis.
- Assist in growth initiatives alongside our marketing, content, and engineering teams.
- Drive product launches including working with the marketing team and other product management team members.
- Keep up to date on iOS and Android capabilities that can be leveraged for our mobile experiences and stay informed on OS releases.
- Understand your product’s P&L and drive it as you deem fit.
- Deliver value and impact, regardless of tools and processes. PMs at Klasha are not a ticketing system for engineering but someone who owns their responsibilities and leads teams to solid outcomes.
- Be a role model for other Product Managers on the team and coach them.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any business-related course, computer science, engineering, or equivalent preferred.
- 5+ years of significant PM mobile experience in tech, ideally in a startup environment.
- Have built and grown a successful Fintech mobile app before.
- Some experience leading a product team
- Automation savvy, with proficiency in analytics and wider tooling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to identify and defend data-driven recommendations.
- High level of determination and tenacity.
Our people are the heart of the business, so we prioritise welfare and offer a wide range of competitive benefits including but not limited to:
- All the latest technology you need to do your role.
- Employee stock option scheme.
- Private health insurance.
- Mental health wellness benefits; Headspace app subscription and Spill mental health support.
- Budget for French language classes.
- One-time home office set-up allowance.
- Hybrid; remote + office hours and flexible working conditions.
- Diesel and wifi allowance for remote working.
- Work-from-anywhere weeks; work from anywhere for three weeks in a year.
- Paid birthday day off.
- Team building events.
- Paid parental leave.
- Learning and development budget.