Klasha is a technology company that builds cross-border commerce solutions for African consumers and international businesses wanting to sell into Africa. Our mission is to make online consumer goods and services more accessible to customers across Africa. We've built the KlashaCheckout which allows African consumers to transact online and across borders in local African currencies, alongside an entire toolkit of software products including KlashaWire, KlashaCargo, Payment Links, and the Klasha App.
Our vision is for African consumers to have frictionless access to the goods they want, regardless of their geographic location, by transacting using African currencies and money methods.
Klasha is currently live in Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, South Africa, Kenya and Zambia. Klasha is backed by leading venture investors, including Greycroft (investors in Braintree and Venmo), Seedcamp (investors in Revolut), Techstars (investors in Remitly) and Plug and Play (investors in Paypal, Honey and Dropbox).
About the role
Klasha is seeking to hire a proactive and dynamic candidate for the role of Head of Finance who will, amongst other things, be tasked with monitoring, communicating, and shaping our financial health. Working closely with our CEO and Department Heads, the successful candidate will be responsible for building and managing a first-rate Finance vertical.
As a Seed-stage startup, you will be comfortable wearing multiple hats, this position requires the ability to work independently, communicate complex concepts in concise terms, prioritise tasks, and work with various departments efficiently.
- Liquidity and treasury management, overseeing Klasha's financial resources to help meet wider business objectives.
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Analyse costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results, and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Develop trends and projections for Klasha's finances.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction/optimisation opportunities.
- Oversee operations of the Finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure the appropriate monitoring of Company finances is maintained
- Confident oversight and delivery of Central bank reporting
- Personable and business facing
- Partnerships and relationship building
- Managing the output and nurturing the development of a Finance Executive
- Based in the EU remotely or Cape Town.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related course
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience, preferably in fintech or financial services.
- CIMA or equivalently certified
- Significant exposure to Treasury Management.
- Experience working globally
- Automation savvy, with proficiency in analytics and wider tooling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to identify and defend data-driven recommendations.
- A charismatic relationship builder, able to win the trust of external and internal partners alike
- High level of determination and tenacity.
- Good understanding of compliance activities in financial services.
- Ability to execute root cause analysis
- Fully remote
- All the latest technology you need to do your role.
- Employee stock option scheme.
- Private health insurance.
- Mental health wellness benefits; Headspace app subscription and Spill mental health support.
- Budget for French language classes.
- One-time home office set-up allowance.
- Diesel and wifi allowance for remote working.
- Work-from-anywhere weeks; work from anywhere for three weeks in a year.
- Paid birthday day off.
- Team building events.
- Paid parental leave.
- Learning and development budget.